The Morris and Gwendolyn Cafritz Foundation supports IRS-registered, tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) organizations with a public charity status of 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2) only. These organizations must serve residents in the District of Columbia, Prince George’s or Montgomery Counties in Maryland, Arlington or Fairfax Counties, or the cities of Alexandria or Falls Church in Virginia.
Organizations may apply once within a 12-month period. For example, if an application is submitted for the November 1 deadline, the organization must wait until the following November 1 deadline to submit another application, regardless of whether funding was received.
In addition, the Foundation generally does not fund the following projects:
- Capital campaigns
- Multi-year grants
- Special events or tables for special events
Please also note, the Foundation does not fund:
- Organizations that do not have 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status with the IRS
- Private Foundations
- Public charities with a non-private foundation status of 509(a)(3)
- Organizations that have missions outside our Funding Priorities
- Organizations that do not serve residents of our geographic area which includes the District of Columbia, Prince George’s and Montgomery Counties in Maryland, Arlington or Fairfax Counties, or the cities of Alexandria and Falls Church in Virginia.
The following questions help organizations determine its eligibility for a grant from the Foundation.
|Is the organization an IRS-registered, tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) organization with a non-private foundation status of 509(a)(1) or 509(a)(2)?|
|Does the organization serve residents of the District of Columbia, Prince George’s or Montgomery Counties in Maryland, or Arlington or Fairfax Counties or the cities of Falls Church or Alexandria in Virginia?|
|Is the request for general operating or program support rather than a special event (e.g., dinner tables, galas), endowment or an individual?|
|Does the project or program fall under one or more of the Foundation’s Funding Priorities including: Arts and Humanities, Community Services, Education, Health and the Environment?|
|Is this the organization’s first grant application, or if the organization applied for support in the past, has 12 months passed since the date of the most recent submission?|
Please answer every question.
1825 K Street, NW, Suite 1400
Washington, DC 20006
© 2022 The Morris and Gwendolyn Cafritz Foundation
All Rights Reserved.