POSITION TITLE: Program Associate
Purpose: To assist Program Officers with administrative, grant and program-related tasks and manage selected grants. This position reports to the Associate Director.
• Assist Executive Director and program staff with the provision of non-grant, technical assistance to grantees.
• Conduct research, data collection and assist with preparation of position papers and evaluations of Foundation priority areas.
• Develop in-depth knowledge of designated program areas and a clear understanding of how they fit the Foundation’s interests and priorities.
• Create and maintain adequate resource files on trends, current issues and key people and organizations for assigned program areas.
• Investigate assigned proposals under direction of Associate Directors and Executive Director and help formulate recommendations for funding. Conduct site visits to grantees as an integral part of proposal development and review. Develop complete, coherent and accurate proposal summaries and prepare to defend work based on assessment of organizations and social climate. Stay informed about and follow up on grants-related issues throughout the grant period. Attend Board meetings to support proposal recommendations.
• Coordinate and oversee the preparation of topsheets for Program Officers, Executive Director and Associate Directors as assigned.
• Participate in external and internal meetings as requested, including working group meetings and staff education and strategy meetings. Initiate and coordinate program-related meetings with program officers, as assigned. Prepare reports of Foundation-hosted meetings as requested.
• Keep staff informed of program-related activities; maintain close coordination with the Program Officers, Associate Directors, Executive Director and other staff to accomplish program goals and objectives.
• Represent the Foundation professionally by responding to inquiries and attending meetings, events and conferences.
• Attend Program, Administrative and All-Staff meetings.
• Participate on office teams as directed by Associate Directors.
• Assist in training of new staff as requested.
• Other duties as assigned under the supervision of Associate Directors.
• Work with Grants Manager and Grants Management staff to perform data entry of proposals for three annual deadlines, as assigned.
• Serve as liaison to connect program and grants management initiatives.
• Be open to and contribute creative alternatives for technical solutions and procedural improvements.
• Provide support to Program Officers which could include assisting with correspondence, phone communications, meeting logistics, maintaining up-to date information on contacts and other duties as assigned.
• Assist office team with preparation for board meetings as needed.
• Maintaining library, including resource materials, videos and audiotapes.
• Provide support for office team, as assigned.
Combination of Bachelors Degree and a minimum of 5 years relevant experience preferred. Knowledge of, or experience in, the nonprofit community is highly desired. Must be flexible, detail-oriented, punctual and able to meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks and work both independently and as a team player. Must possess excellent communication skills, including writing and editing ability, critical thinking skills with solid judgment. Ability to identify, collect, organize and synthesize information from a variety of sources. Strong sense of integrity, discretion, ability to handle sensitive matters effectively and confidentially. Demonstrated understanding of grant-making databases, Microsoft Office and other technology. Experience with budgets and financial documents.
This position description is intended to serve as a summary of the general purpose and essential functions of this position. It may change as circumstances warrant and may include other duties deemed necessary by management.
TO APPLY: Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com, Attn: Ms. Tobi Printz-Platnick, Associate Director. For best consideration, apply by December 27, 2021 and please, no telephone inquiries.